HERRERA DIAZ ABOGADOS has various correspondents worldwide in order to protect the intellectual property rights of its clients. The firm also offers the following services in Colombia:
- Legal consultancy oriented to the prosecution and registration of industrial property rights.
- Trademark searches, patents and prior art searches.
- Trademark, patents, industrial designs, utility models, plant varieties and denominations of origin applications.
- Patent Cooperation Treaty (PCT) applications.
- Applications to record trade names.
- Drafting and negotiation of licensing and sales of industrial property rights.
- Consultancy and attorney assistance in cases of industrial property rights infringement.
- Drafting, negotiation and revision of franchise agreements.
Copyright, Author’s Rights and Neighboring Rights
Legal consultancy oriented to protecting copyright, author’s rights and neighbouring rights. In order to fulfil this goal, the firm provides the following services to authors, actors, interpreters, executors, phonographic producers, radio-broadcasting organisations, and in general every person or entity involved in the creation of works protected under copyright law.
- Registration of Works before the National Author’s Rights Office.
- Negotiation and drafting of different kinds of agreements (copyright sale, edition and co-edition agreements, licensing agreements, legal assistance before collecting societies).
- Legal assistance before court and administrative entities in cases of copyright, author’s rights or neighbouring rights infringements.
In order to protect the economic and moral interests of actors, musicians, athletes, models, broadcasters, multimedia producers and members of the entertainment industry, the firm offers all necessary related services, inter alia:
- Legal consultancy regarding rights to one’s own image and social security of members of the entertainment industry.
- Negotiation, drafting and revision of agreements of labour law contracts, work made-for-hire agreements, independent contractors’ agreements, rights of publicity and licensing agreements.
- Administrative and judicial assistance oriented to protecting moral and economic interests of image, publicity and privacy rights.
- Specialised consultancy regarding video game developers.
Intellectual Property and Labour Law.
In conjunction with the law firms HERRERA LABORALISTAS and JOSÉ ROBERTO HERRERA VERGARA EU, HERRERA DIAZ ABOGADOS offers different services oriented to protecting the intangibles assets created (we don’t say “in virtue of” in English) under labour law agreements or works created by independent contractors These services include:
- Legal Consultancy oriented to the legal protection of computer programs (software) and other intangible assets created under labour law contracts or independent contractors’ agreements.
- Drafting of Agreements oriented to protecting works and inventions originating from labour or civil law relationships. (Works made-for-hire agreements, trade secrets agreements, sale agreements etc.)
- Legal representation before courts and administrative entities in cases of trade secrets infringements.
Internet, Technology and New Media Law.
Conscious of rendering a specialised and adapted consultancy according to current technological changes, HERRERA DIAZ ABOGADOS offers many services, including:
- Specialized consultancy directed to the computer industry, with the purpose of protecting all intellectual property around computer programs by means of licensing and sale agreements. Likewise, the firm specialises in matters associated with Creative Commons and GPL.
- Legal assistance in relation to the negotiation, drafting and revision of technology transfer agreements.
- Legal assistance and investigations related to Internet intellectual property rights infringement.
- E-commerce, registration, constructions of web sites.
- Domain names dispute resolution (UDRP policy).
- Legal assistance oriented to protecting personal data on the Internet.
- IP Rights management.
- Corporate and social responsibility oriented to protecting intellectual property rights and traditional knowledge of indigenous peoples.
- Educational training to companies oriented towards the legal protection of intellectual property rights, Internet and new media law.
- Educational training to entertainment industry members oriented towards media law, entertainment and intellectual property law.